What are the Roof Washing Prices?
Roofs are exposed to the sun and heat, rain and dirt more than any other surface in your home. The constant exposure leads to aging, wear and tear. When you notice discoloration or degradation of the shingles on your roof, it’s time to get a professional evaluation by a roofer who will come out for an estimate. You don’t want to wait until your roof is in the danger zone before you have it repaired! In this blog post we’ll cover the types of roofs and roof washing prices for each type.
Roof washing is a process that will help extend your roof’s life, remove dirt and grime from the surface of the shingles, repair damage, kill bacteria and mold spores on your roof. In some cases, roofs may have lichen colonies forming on them which can be unsightly and even dangerous for motorists if they have fallen into the road. If you have moss, algae or lichen on your roof, it is best to remove them while they are still in small colonies.
Roof washing costs $100-$300 for most homes depending on how many shingles are washed per square foot of roof space. A clean roof will increase the life expectancy of the shingles, keep the attic cooler in summer and prevent ice dams in winter.
Types of Roof and their cost to wash:
There are a few different types of roofs, and each one has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Here is a brief overview of some of the most common types of roofs:
- Asphalt shingles – Asphalt shingles are the most popular type of roof, because they are affordable and durable. They also come in a variety of colors and styles to match the look of your home. The average cost to wash an asphalt shingle roof is around $100-$200.
- Clay tiles – Clay tiles are a popular choice for homes in Mediterranean or Spanish-style architecture. They are very durable and can last for up to 50 years. However, they are also very heavy, so they require a strong roof structure and roof framing. They can also be expensive, with installation prices around $600-$700 for 100 square feet.
- Concrete tiles – Concrete tiles are durable and long-lasting, but they are also more expensive than asphalt shingles. The average cost to install concrete tile on a new roof is around $550-$600 per 100 square feet. Repair costs for damaged or leaking concrete tiles run about the same as asphalt shingles.
- Metal roofs – Metal roofs are beautiful additions to some homes, but not so much on others! If your architecture is rustic or contemporary, metal may be the perfect choice for you. While it is possible to clean an existing metal without removing it completely first, it will cost a little bit more because you have to remove the existing coating while cleaning. Some metal roofs need to be cleaned every year, and others can go three or four years between cleanings.
- Slate tiles – Slate tiles are very stylish and long-lasting, but they can also be expensive to install. Many people choose slate roofing materials for their homes because it is an attractive addition that will add value to your home in the long run. However, installation costs around $1,000 per 100 square feet if you hire a professional roofing contractor to do the work for you.
933 11th Ave S, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250