Exterior Power Washing
Exterior power washing is a great way to clean your patio and get rid of any built-up dirt, grime, or algae. Follow these ten easy steps to get your patio looking sparkling clean!
- Wear protective gear. It’s important to protect your skin and eyes while power washing. Wear clothes that cover your body, shoes, and gloves. And be sure to wear goggles to protect your eyes.
- Check the weather forecast. Make sure that the weather is going to be sunny and dry for the next few hours before you start power washing your patio.
- Sweep the patio clean. Sweep the patio clean of any debris or dirt before you start power washing.
- Start with a small area. It’s best to start by power washing a small area and then move on to a larger section. This will help you get a feel for how the power washer works and how much pressure to use.
- Test the water pressure. It’s important to test the water pressure before you start washing. You don’t want to use too much pressure or you could damage your patio. Start with the lowest pressure and increase it if needed.
- Start at the top and work your way down. Always start at the top of the patio and work your way down. This will help avoid streaks.
- Use a detergent or bleach. If your patio is really dirty, you may want to use a detergent or bleach to help break up the dirt. Be sure to read the instructions on the detergent bottle first.
- Start power washing the patio. Starting at one end of the patio, begin power washing it with the detergent mixture. Be sure to keep the nozzle of the power washer moving so that you don’t damage the brick.
- Don’t use too much soap. You don’t want to use too much soap because it can leave a residue on the brick. If you need more soap, add it to the mixture gradually.
- Rinse the patio with clean water. Once you’ve finished exterior power washing with the detergent mixture, rinse it with clean water to remove any residue.
- Let the patio dry completely. It’s important to let the patio dry completely before you walk on it or put any furniture back on it.
- Seal the brick. If you want to protect your brick patio from staining, you may want to seal it with a sealant. Be sure to read the instructions on the sealant bottle first.
- Repeat as needed. If the patio starts to look dirty again after a while, repeat these steps to keep it looking clean and sparkling.
Note: Power washing can be dangerous. Be sure to read the instructions on the power washer before you use it. And always use caution when working with water.
As you can see, power washing your brick patio is a relatively easy process. Just follow these ten simple steps and you’ll have a sparkling clean patio in no time! Be sure to wear protective gear, check the weather forecast, and rinse the patio clean when you’re done. And don’t forget to seal the patio with a sealant for extra protection! Enjoy your clean patio!
Five Star Pressure Washing
933 11th Ave S, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250, United States